Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Mies van der Rohe Pavilion




 This small publication is the leaflet for the Mies van der Rohe pavilion. Being a place I photographed multiple times during my trip to Barcelona, looking closely at how the leaflet is designed will help inform my design decisions when selecting my photos. The pavilion is a brilliant example of influential modern architecture in Barcelona and would be a interesting thing to include in my guide to. The leaflets design is reflected in the architecture the 'less is more' theme distinctive of Mies van der Rohe's work is reflected in the leaflet. The large use of white space above and bellow when folded out. The images are very ordered and communicate the different information in four distinct parts each with its own page. The type is laid out in a clear even stack though their are widows on the last lines of text.



 The photos of the building are mainly of one perspective and don't show the building at its finest. The use of type is in some way inconsistent from the quotes on the front and the type inside this is something that can distract the reader. The clarity of each section of the leaflet something I may use in my designs but the choice of photographs and lack of consistency in the design is an aspect I would like to avoid in my work.


No comments:

Post a Comment