Thursday, March 31, 2016

Places to possibly feature in the guide to.....




 

















Castle Montjuic is a old military fortress dating back around 1640. The Castle has a very unique view of the city unlike anywhere else.




 


 




The Joan Miro foundation is one of the more iconic museums in Barcelona the building designed by Josep Lluís, Miró’s life long friend is extremely interesting and has a brilliant connection to the collection of art there. This building I think is a must in terms of inclusion in the guide.


 
 


The Museu Nacional D'art De Catalunya is a gallery that is famed for its collection of classical Spanish art and its very grand building. I think as I wasn't able to go inside and visit the museum my knowledge of it is limited and the photographs I have are not quite up to standard. Because of this I don't think I am going to include these photos in the guide.

 

The 1992 Olympic stadium is a big part of the history of the city especially after the franco era, the stadium seemed to signify the change into a much more artistic and free culture. The stadium itself is an interesting attraction but is not really a must visit of Barcelona and may be slightly too limited.






The Picaso museum is one of the most famous in Barcelona and features most of the artists early work as an apprentice when he lived in Barcelona. The gallery is a massive tourist attraction and should definitely feature in the guide to. My photos of the gallery are a little limited but I am sure I will be able to make the designs work.













 

 

 

 

The Mies van der Rohe Barcelona Pavilion is a great of modern architecture and in some ways set a marker for the career of one of the most influential architects in history. The buildings beautiful simplicity and attention to detail make it one of the most important building architecturally in Barcelona and a must have for my Guide. 

 

 

Football being such a important part of the cities culture I think possibly including the Camp Nou stadium home of the famous Barcelona football team would offer an interesting change in the Guide to. I would need to think about what kind of message it may convoy as the rest of the buildings are mainly galleries and museums so it may seem a little out of place. The building itself is the largest stadium in Europe.




The world famous Sagrada Famillia designed by Antoni Gaudi, the most famous landmark in Barcelona and a architectural marvel. However I think I am not going to include it in my guide, I think it is too much of an obvious choice and selecting buildings that are slightly different may make for a more interesting guide to.




 

 

 

 

The MACBA & CCCB are two of the main modern art galleries in Barcelona, the CCCB having more of a focus of the the contemporary and creative arts. Both are amazingly designed buildings in a really interesting medieval area. The bold modern architecture and the amazing gallery spaces make these two buildings a much have for my guide to!













The other examples are other locations that could possibly feature for example: Parcde la Ciutadella, La monumental and areas of El Ravel in the old town. These all could feature as maybe a side part but are not really main places to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment