Thursday, March 31, 2016

Starting designing the book.


 





 

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

I began by simply picking some of the best photos from a variety of places and seeing how I could compose them on the page keeping the design simple and letting the photos be the focus. I used Futura typeface as it featured a few time in the Mies van der Rohe pavilion leaflet and the Foundation Joan Miro leaflet. For the cover I used my image of the Catalan flat to reflect the city best and be an eye catching image. I wanted to think about the photographic compositions first then later think about how it would work with the text. As you can see this is more of a starting point for the book but I am pleased initially with the relationships between the images and the overall feel for the book so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment