Wednesday, March 30, 2016

What is a book?

Thinking about this project being a at least 10 double page book, I wanted to create something I would enjoy making and is genuinely useful. I have been thinking hard about what kind of work I could make and I think there is a real opportunity to use some of my own photography in this project. Being something I am really passionate about this will naturally lead itself to better and more personal outcomes. Within this architecture photography is mainly what I prefer to shoot, looking at minimal and somewhat graphic compositions. 

Barcelona is somewhere I visited over the summer holidays and managed to get quite a few interesting photographs of various galleries. Art galleries and museums layout, design and architecture is something I have always been very interested in and creating a publication looking at these for me is a subject I feel could create a lot of interesting outcomes for.

These are just a few examples of the photographs I have taken there are 210 in total all on film of various galleries, museums, beaches, and other tourist attractions. As all these photos are mine I have a great freedom to be able to manipulate them how I like and there is no problem with the photographer. I think these photos are a great starting point for me in my work and could be made into a number of outcomes.

Speaking with my tutor on this project he felt there was a lot of possible outcomes and that the photos would lend themselves nicely to a fairly modern minimal publication. 

No comments:

Post a Comment