Monday, November 14, 2016

OUGD504 - Design for screen - Intro

This brief 'Design for Screen' is extremely open it is up to us as the designer to identify a problem and create an effective, researched and developed solution to this problem. Design for screen in this format is something totally new to my practice and initially really exciting to see what kind of work to possibly produce. Galleries and Museums branding, layout design and culture is an area that lies within my interests in graphics exploring this will hopefully make this project as engaging as possible.

Like any brief in graphic design it all starts with a problem. My problem was something that had been bugging me for a while and this brief gave me an excellent opportunity to explore it. The problem is with the lack of opportunities for new and existing art lovers to see what kind of galleries and museums are on offer around them as well as what they have going on. Things like google maps really doesn't cut it there are no real options and the content is limited, and where do independent galleries fit within this? The arts is supposedly for the people but it seems to be inaccessible and uninviting. My proposed idea is an app that shows what is on in a specific area, how to get there, reviews from previous visitors, photos linked from Instagram and so on. The overarching theme is to make these galleries and museums more accessible, I personally have found especially with a mega-city like London the choice is not shown effectively and I have at times missed shows I want to see just because I have not been aware. 


No comments:

Post a Comment