Monday, October 19, 2015

Initial designs















I have begun my initial design ideas. I started with the simple orange square that is usually recognisable with Yo! Sushi I wanted to look at the effect of typography on the overall feel for the image using bold San Serif typography creates already a more modern and clear logo. I looked at using Italic font to add a real emphasis on the 'Yo!' of Yo! Sushi. After looking at simple white and black on orange I wanted to see the effectiveness of various different colours previously used in the Yo! Sushi logos. I felt that the orange background with pink text were to similar in tone and became unclear. The black background with the orange text I feel is not at all engaging and the black is very uneasy on the eye and doesn't reflect the fresh food feel to Yo! Sushi.
I began to look at how it worked with the japanese typography but felt it was a little illegible and I needed to rethink this in my next set of design ideas. Overall I am not very happy with the clarity and general look of these designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment