Thursday, October 15, 2015

Yorkshire Sculpture Park




We have been given the task to create a logo for Yorkshire Sculpture Park (YSP) only using Symbols or drawing's and avoiding using any typography. These are my photographs from the trip I tried to capture graphic and clean images that I could then transform into designs. I found that the simpler the image the the better as it would leave a lot of room for working with for my designs. I wanted to capture the feeling and the spirit of the park to really better my designs.

 I have looked into some Gallery branding as I feel it is important to get an idea of what I think has been successful and why.

I think the Centre Pompidou is a perfect example of logo design for a gallery that has be designed to great effect. The simple think black and white design is very eye catching. The fact that the architectural design has been incorporated into the logo has created a clear and recognisable logo that also works without any use of text at all. The logo is also very transferable and can be scaled up and now and remains very clear.

I think I will need to consider whether I want to create a adaptation of an existing part of the Yorkshire Sculpture Park or whether I am going to create a more abstract logo.

I have tried to capture as many different aspects of the sculpture park and photograph almost every sculpture I saw at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park. You can see the very large variety of shapes and sizes of image I aim to try and show the overall feel of the sculpture park in my designs whether this is using sculptures that are part of the permanent collection or try and show the beautiful landscape surrounding the park.












No comments:

Post a Comment