Thursday, October 13, 2016

OUGD504 - Type in Context - Coptic Stitch Binding








In another book binding induction we learnt a more specific coptic stitch, these images above are of my book. I found the induction very useful and feel much more confident on trying to use a coptic stitch for my own publication. When asking the technician about the possibility of creating a hard back cover they said it was very tricky and advised to stick with paper back. A feature of this stitch is the cover having two pages in a spread. This could possibly feature my initial description of the images to set the context. Another feature of this binding style is that the pages can lay flat this will be key to showing my images as best as possible. Finally another feature is that the book can feature as many signatures as I wanted, so in my case it would be 13 signatures including 2 letterforms and the two descriptions. I have found this really useful getting my head around the complex stitch I would like to try and use this for my publication if possible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment