Saturday, October 8, 2016

OUGD504 - Type in Context - Next steps

At this point I have analysed my ideas and conducted some relevant research, Highlighting again my new concept in terms of the target audience will be useful as I have combined two ideas to make the content as engaging as possible to a wide range of people. Outlining the specifics of the concept will mean for a clearer and more defined concept. This will allow me to refer back to my original concept and see if I have achieved what I intended.

Typographic A-Z of Orkney!



Concept: A alternative story of the Orkney's displayed through found typography formed from natural and man made objects recontextualize into typographic specimens. Highlighting historical, mythological and geographical contexts. 


Target Audience: The typographic community, creatives and designers as well as 
visitors to the Orkney's, Orcadians and anyone else with interest in the Orkney islands.

Purpose: To display a different side to the Orkney's beauty through my images, something engaging and interactive that works for a large target audience.


This design should be considered as if the book was to be sold in the book shops of the Orkney's and would fit in at Village book shop and other shops of this nature. A detailed description of the letter forms in the context of the Orkney's written as a story or a journey, including the history, context and any other points of interest as well as typographic terminology on each letterform.


My next steps in this project will be to - 

Find some examples of books that work as both art books and information books.

Research into appropriate book design and production to my target audience.

Beginning design ideas based on the purpose and audience.

Look into relevant production techniques







No comments:

Post a Comment