Sunday, October 16, 2016

OUGD504 - Type In Context - A Treasury of Viking Design








I decided to look at this book 'A Treasury of Viking Design' as its content relates to my theme of the Orkney's (having famous viking settlements) and that the imagery shown could form part of my design. I think looking at how these patterns and designs could be used as more contemporary design could be really interesting and would hopefully relate to my idea of being appropriate to more that one target audience. The patterns and designs I feel would really lend themselves to embossing, this idea could be something to really push the book as add to the level of professionalism I am looking for.  The design of the book fits into my target audience of the Orkney's the imagery on show and the choice of typeface and use of runes on the cover show straight away what the content will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment