Thursday, October 6, 2016

OUGD504 - Type In Context - Research Images


These images are all taken of areas of interest related to my publication. Starting with this image of a seal looking very comfy on the beach. 😱


























Photographed in St Magnus Cathedral these large tablets show some extremely old carvings. The ligatures are extremely individual, for example the combination of E V I and S in one singular letter is very uncommon for cavings. This could be a feature of my publication as these tablets are examples of the old forms of writing of the Orkney's.

This image shows an kids activity at the Orkney museum that you can write your own Viking ruins, here shows 'Peter' in Viking my little bros name. Using these letterforms is something that is used in a few Orkney publications and could be a way of making my book more entertaining and engaging. 





More imagery taken from the museum showing these ancient images of the Orcadian people. This is an interesting image and gives an idea of the people that lived on the Orkney but may not need to be included in my own work. 










































These images have been taken in the museum on the island of Westary. All of objects found on the island that have been made by Viking explorers. For me these all stood out as they feature engravings and patterns related to Viking culture. These patterns and objects could in someway be included in my publication to add extra context. 


No comments:

Post a Comment