Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Designs



 These four letter A's show the variations in stem and stroke thickness I have experimented with. Using my initial drawings as a basis I have created these designs. I wanted to give the impression the type had been stretched and extended. I decided I wanted to look at the bottom left letter and then create the rest of the corisponding typeface from this trying to apply the same principles and rules shown on this letter to the rest of the aphabet.
These designs showing my results. I found perticular letters very challenging like Q, S and G due to the complexity of the curves of the image trying to keep up the consistany of stroke throughout these designs was also a big challenge I was mainly just playing it by eye and in hindsight mesuring this would create much more acurate results. This lack of consistancy gives the typeface a more handdraw and free feel yet I think this doesnt really reflect the clean cut and sharp graphics I am going for.






No comments:

Post a Comment