Wednesday, November 11, 2015

  With this next design I have created a much more simplistic 3d design without keeping the lettering on one line like one design before. I wanted to look at the different variations of the design to really understand what I feel works best and emulates the broad theme I have been looking at.
 I found the curves particularly challenging and redrawing each line proved difficult. I kept each letter form consistent by using the same line and copy and pasting it into the appropriate place. The 3d design creates a much more impacting and interesting design and could be very useful in poster or signage design in particular. I wanted to create a typeface that is very clear and readable I tried to achieve this by not over complicating each letter forms and working with the bare minimum of the stroke. Tho I like this design I don't know if it really reflects broad, it is large and quite eye catching as a typeface. I have pleased I have pushed this idea and created another design to draw inspiration from.
 I looked at using black for the 3D areas of the design to see how it looks with the type. This I feel is something I should conceder and experiment with as my designs progress. Experimentation is key to creating the most appropriate and informed designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment