Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Designs

 This extremely broad letter shape is what I want to base this next typeface on the very thick stroke and small eye and bowls make for a very broad thick design. I am really pleased with this first letter and this has created a perfect basis for my next designs. I would like to see what the corresponding type would look like. I have tried to use my sketches to inform my designs. With so many different sketch styles I have a lot to work from and assist me in my designs.
 Above is the first designs of the full typeface, you can clearly see how I have tried to keep the designs consistent throughout. You can see the differences of the top and bottom letter forms. I have taken a lot of time in making all the letters flow and remain in a similar style but keep legible. I changed the eye of the O and Q to make them much smaller to fit with the rest of the designs. I also kept the different strokes as consistent as possible. I am really pleased with the outcomes of this type I feel it really reflects the broad theme I have been looking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment