Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Four developed designs




These are my four finalized designs from these I am going to chose one and see how I can improve on it and see how it might work in context. I have found creating four designs and refining them as much as possible really allows for more in depth design decisions and the work becomes much more informed and I really pushed each ideas as far as possible.
Comparing the four designs I feel the first design is a strong concept and defiantly represents a broad typeface yet it is a little simplistic and the stroke is not at all consistent. I think the design works really effectively like the A and the E however some letter become really obscured and illegible. The second is bold and legible I really the impact of the type it is extremely clear and fits the original manifesto I wrote for this project. I also feel this design is the most original out of the four. The third design is very distinct and interesting and I like the way it works in a range of sizes of stroke weight. I think this design would work the best in different variations of colour and size and this is something I would like to show within my final designs. The last type face is extremely simplistic and I think as a set it really does work and I feel it is defiantly one of the higher standard designs, however I feel the level of detail and the idea behind the typeface is a little too simple and doesn't really reflect the word broad quite as well as the others. Overall I feel the second and third designs are the most appropriate and I am going to experiment with both of them as my final design.

No comments:

Post a Comment